Sunday 19 April 2015

colourQ Challenge #287

Here's my card



for the challenge at colourQ




Used this Heart Parade die from Simon Says Stamps

I cut once with black, once with a dark gray and the "pop of colour". I learned a few things - it's difficult to get the cut pieces from the die. So, I used a piece of kitchen wax paper between the cardstock and the die which made the removal of the cut pieces easier. Also, the outline piece (black) easily "stretched" out of shape. I found that by adhering the hearts first with the outline held in place, followed by the outline which could be somewhat manipulate into place, the final result was fewer "white" gaps between the outline and heart pieces.


Used this stamp set for the sentiment.

Thank for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous and bold CAS card - love how you used a little of the spot colour for one of the hearts...so effective! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.