Sunday 17 January 2016

Muse Card Challenge #148

I have to say that I look forward to participating at the Muse Card Challenge

Often I am challenged as to how to take elements of the Muse cards and make my own card. I find that my interpretations are pretty "literal". I am working at stretching and "thinking outside the box" - not this week though (LOL!)

Here is this week's Muse card, created by Anita Bowden


Here's my card


I was inspired by the following elements
  • the swirly vine with flowers
  • the sentiment under the vine
  • the simple black mat of the narrow panel
  • the colours
My "twists"
  • changing the orientation of the card
  • coloured the flowers/leaves with Prismacolor colored pencils
  • changed the sentiment (I have a need for thank you cards, so chose a thank you sentiment)
I used these Stampin Up sets





Thanks for visiting
sue

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, I love the layout and the colours you used. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty border - love the colours and clean font of your sentiment! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely. Those flowers all in their soft colors are so beautiful, and that's a great font on the sentiment. Wonderful card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Lovely and perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely choice of colours and stamp (I also have this stamp - we seem to often have the same stash!) Fantastic interpretation of my card, love that you used colour pencils too.
    Thanks for playing along at Muse, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.