Monday 8 August 2016

CASology: Week 209

Loving the current challenge at CASology which is



It gave me the opportunity to try out my Gansai Tambi watercolours. I had invested in a set about a year ago and I only just opened it up for this challenge!

Here's my card


I started with MFT Sketched Blooms and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I coloured in the flowers with my Gansai Tambi watercolours. I used a waterbrush and moved the brush through the little "pot" of colour. I applied only a little colour and spread it out with a bit of water through the brush. You really do not have to pick up a lot of colour - it's very opaque and vibrant. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink - Keep it Simple Thank You Stamp set. Using ink blending tools, I added distress inks (salty ocean, broken china and faded jeans) in a random pattern. With the water brush, I squeezed the barrel and let water droplets fall onto the card. I used paper towel to remove excess water. It was quite magical, as I seemed to have created a bokeh effect, without realizing it!

Thanks for visiting
sue

3 comments:

  1. I've only just started dipping into my Gansai Tambi's as well and feel like I have so much to learn. Love this sweet beauty especially the fabulous bokeh background! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect that the water droplets had...very much like a Bokeh effect! Such pretty flowers and great coloring! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! What have you been waiting for. I love my Gansai watercolors. Super vibrant. Don't you love them now? Great card and pretty watercoloring. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.