Monday 6 March 2017

Stamp Nation CC Challenge #1 - Sweet Treats

I don't think that it's ever too early to start making Christmas cards. Heck, if I can get them made during the year, I won't have to scramble in December. Sounds like a plan! Stamp Nation has just started a Christmas Card challenge to help us get a head start on our 2017 Christmas cards. The first challenge is "Sweet Treats".


 
So, I was also inspired by Stamp Nation's KISS card challenge to be inspired by one of Catherine Pooler's KISS (Keep it Simple Stampers) cards. You can see her cards here. I was inspired by this card


While I was looking through my stamps, I created a card - then I realized that while I had something that fit the "sweet treats" theme initially, I put down the stamp set and created a completely different card than no longer fit the theme - UGH! It's OK though, another Christmas card completed!

Then I picked up Catherine Pooler's Candy Cane Lane stamp set and CAS-ual Friday's Snowy Sayings stamp set which was available in Catherine Pooler's Holiday Magic Stamp of Approval box. Here's my card



I stamped the candies with Catherine Pooler inks (Rockin' Red and Party Dress). The sentiment is die cut using Simon Says STAMP Happy Holidays die. To complete the card, I used a piece of black striped washi tape.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. I saw your cards on Stampnation, and wanted to say I love the clean, simple look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.