Thursday 18 May 2017

STAMPlorations CAS Monthly Challenge - May 2017 Revisited

The current challenge at STAMPlorations CAS is



Here's my card



I started by inking up a panel in a bit of a random fashion using distress inks (ripe persimmon, picked raspberry and cracked pistachio) and ink blending tools. I spritzed water on the ARTplorations Shower of Flutters stencil and then placed the stencil, spritzed side down, onto the inked panel. I pressed the stencil down to be sure that the water was "mixing" with the distress inks. I carefully removed the stencil to reveal the butterflies where the colours were "diluted"; almost a ghost-like appearance. Here's a close-up.



The sentiment is from STAMPlorations Fond Expressions 2 - Shery Russ Designs stamp set. I added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle.

We'd love for you to join us for our May CAS challenge.

Thanks for visiting
sue

1 comment:

  1. Love the ghost effect on your gorgeous card. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.