Sunday 14 January 2018

Muse Card Club #248

It's so frustrating not to have enough time to craft. I haven't really been able to craft since early December. I vacationed in Hawaii - I know, poor me, and just couldn't take enough craft supplies to make it worth while. Then it was Christmas/New Years with all the craziness that caused. Finally, so happy to have time to craft - I love playing with paper!

I loved this inspiration at Muse created by Anita Bowden




Here's my card



I was inspired by:

  • the teal background
  • the floral sprays on opposite corners
  • the gold embossing
  • the use of colored pencils to add color
  • the birthday sentiment
I used the floral spray from Simon Says STAMP Floral bliss to stamp the opposite corners. I used gold embossing powder and heat set. I colored in the image with Prismacolor colored pencils. I was under the impression that the rich teal color would not "take" darker, bolder colors. However, I learned that that was not the case. While the light colors worked, definitely, the bolder colors worked best, in my opinion.


Hopefully, I'll continue to find time to craft. Thanks for stopping by.
sue


2 comments:

  1. I love the embossing. Looks nice. Beautiful card for a feminine lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love how the coloured pencils show up on the coloured cardstock! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.